You can now find me at http://studiothreetwofive.wordpress.com/
Sunday, 13 February 2011
Decay As Beauty- The Waterhouse at South Bund by NHDRO
A beautiful hotel can be made out of the ruins of an old Japanese army headquarters. New stands against old, with Corten steel complementing the stripped concrete and brick walls. Through the buildings new use, the past can still be observed and remembered. All photographs are by Pedro Pegenaute.
I'm an architecture enthusiast, freelance journalist and self-confessed Francophile.
I named the blog Studio 325 after my first architectural studio at the Bartlett School of Architecture in London. It was my first foray into the world of design and the big city.
I'm simply sharing things I like, whether its from the covers of my favourite magazines (Vogue UK & FR, Blueprint, Mark, Block, Wallpaper), from my favourite designers (Acne, Margaret Howell, APC) or from my favourite architects (Mecanoo, Zumthor, Sou Fujimoto, Herzog & de Meuron).
Feel free to email me at thestudio325@gmail.com with any suggestions, comments or recommendations.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home