You can now find me at http://studiothreetwofive.wordpress.com/
Tuesday, 20 September 2011
Academic Bookshop, Helsinki by Alvar Aalto
On the central esplanade of Helsinki, lies the Academic Bookshop, designed by Finland's most well-known architect, Alvar Aalto. Designed for a competition in 1962, the three storey shop features austere grey marble balconies and geometric skylights, which hang into the interior courtyard, lighting and imposing the bookshop.
I'm an architecture enthusiast, freelance journalist and self-confessed Francophile.
I named the blog Studio 325 after my first architectural studio at the Bartlett School of Architecture in London. It was my first foray into the world of design and the big city.
I'm simply sharing things I like, whether its from the covers of my favourite magazines (Vogue UK & FR, Blueprint, Mark, Block, Wallpaper), from my favourite designers (Acne, Margaret Howell, APC) or from my favourite architects (Mecanoo, Zumthor, Sou Fujimoto, Herzog & de Meuron).
Feel free to email me at thestudio325@gmail.com with any suggestions, comments or recommendations.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home