Sunday, 6 March 2011

French Film Club: Gainsbourg



This weekend I watched 'Gainsbourg', a film charting the intriguing, eccentric and successful life of singer-songwriter, Serge Gainsbourg. I recently wrote another post about Gainsbourg, which you can see here: http://thestudio325.blogspot.com/2011/03/gainsbourg.html. The film portrays him as an imaginative and often troubled creative, from his childhood in wartime France, to his renowned music, and of course his cast of lovers, Greco, Bardot and Birkin. I think the film perfectly captures his extraordinary life; even if sometimes you don't understand his thoughts or behaviour, a larger than life alter-ego with a bulbous nose portrays and describes his innermost thoughts. This film casts to life a character who is often better known for his actions or words than for his personality and life.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://studiothreetwofive.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.